Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yah.



Stonewall, Texas

Lately, I've been really busy & not busy at the same time. It seems like everything hits all at once (I'm overwhelmed for a week or so), then it's chilled out for a minute. I guess it's better that way - where I can keep my sanity and have time to do things I really want to do. I need to work on my time management for sure...

Traveling out of state for gigs is something that I will not do 'til after the new year. Being stuck in airports forever the last few trips, it has really turned me off. For me, it's almost not worth it. I'd rather play in town, play for the folks here, get paid the same amount and DRIVE HOME TO MY HOUSE. Being comfortable and having a relaxed time is key. I know my feelings about this matter will change, but for now that is the plan.

If you know me, I am a big fan of regional music and the dance moves that go with it. When 'My Dougie' came out and I started to see folks doing that dance at Nasty's, I was amped! I'd play that song back to back (if i could) just to see the dance. The topper is that it's a Texas thing...







Burger King w/ drink FTW!



I had this cassette when I was kid. I was (and still am) a fan of the Minneapolis sound of the early to mid 80's. Years later, I bought the LP and 12", only to put them away. Anyway, I've had this desire to listen and play some of the tracks lately, so I spent an afternoon digging around and I found the record. When the timing is right I will throw it down.

These two tracks are my favorites. I heard a DJ play 'Affection' in NY a few years back and it was so awesome to hear it on a loud soundsystem. Check it out...





Check out Ta Mara's pet tiger. AWESOME.

If you're out this weekend, come by...



Great art.

Good people.

I'll be there, dropping the background musics.

Click here for more info.

Also...



Click here for advance tickets.

Links...

Dave is looking diesel. Click here.

Twitter? Let's connect. Click here.

Can't stop watching. Click here.

More later.

No comments: