Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New layout. Newly restored bike.




I got up this morning and something told me that I should change the layout of my blog. I've had the same one for 7 years.

I guess it was overdue.

The only bad thing about this new layout is the fact that it doesn't resize larger photos to fit. So it chops off parts of my pics. I just spent a few hours resizing the images for the last 100 posts via Blogger. If you see some shots with wacky composition, it's Blogger. Not me. Hopefully there's a fix. Bleh.

I restored my 1989 PK Ripper. At my old spot, we had a rooftop deck and I left that poor bike to be rained on forever. I told myself that I would take the time to fix it up as soon as I moved into my new place.

After taking it apart, toying with rust inhibitors, polishing the frame & forks for 8 hours, scouring the internet for parts, hitting local bike shops and tons sweat & mad blisters, the old PK is ready to roll...

Now I want to restore old BMX bikes regularly. Shit was fun!

Links.

The homie DJ Eleven drops not just one, but three new mixes. Click here and here and here to purchase. Go to www.turntablelab.com

PORTISHEAD DROPPIN' THE DARKNESS. Click here to see them perform tracks from their new album. DOPE.

Pretty funny comic about WMC. Click here

Later...

1 comment:

Kunal said...

awwww man. the old layout was classic! But hopefully the new one will see you posting more! bike looks clean man...nice work!