Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My House.



Back in the Fall of 1999, I turned on the CASSETTE DECK & pressed record to make a House mix. This is a recording of House records that I had collected and wanted to mix. This was done on 2 busted Technics 1200's and a Rane TTM54 mixer. I found the cassette the other day in a box and listened to it for the first time in 8 years.

I got a kick out of it because...

This was done in one take. It's not perfect.

This was before Serato & music blogs.

These are records I had to dig for. I almost forgot about them.

There's a Sylk 130 track.

There's a Stacy Kidd track.

I rarely ever played House at my gigs back then.

It's sort of a time capsule.

So check it out! It's totally lo-fi. The cassette was not in perfect shape (as you can tell in the recording). The only editing I did was to seam side A to Side B.

DJ Mel - My House (circa 1999)

Or copy and paste the link: http://www.zshare.net/audio/69684658a7a008/

No comments: