Wednesday, February 12, 2003

change of perspective.



i know that i am notorious for taking things for granted - whether it's my day job, dj'ing, relationships, whatever...it's easy for me to get wrapped up in petty things and lose focus on the things that matter most. it's SO EASY to get off track. most people can feel me on this...

it's so easy to take things for granted. like...

the room full of records at home that i barely spend any time in.

my awesome day job.

dj'ing to a responsive (at times adoring) crowd every week.

my beautiful girlfriend that i haven't had a chill evening with in ages.

my 626 soul brothas. i miss 'em.

dj'ing every week with someone that i looked up to growing up.

my true friends.

i am my harshest critic. i have always been hard on myself, maybe too hard for some people, but that's what keeps my eyes on the prize. i have always been able to get what i wanted with a little hard work. that's always been my thing.

but lately, i have slacked...

...complacency? boredom? lazy? uninspired? maybe it's a combo meal of all those things. who knows...

when things come to you easy, everything starts to lose it's value. sometimes it takes a moment of clarity to put things back into focus...

...and now they are.

it's a good feeling and now i'm ready to rock!

man, things were getting a bit out of hand...

i'm going to bed now 'cos i want to get up early from now on!

peace...


No comments: